The Black Rhino Battery Isolator/Interconnect allows two batteries to be charged from stock vehicle charging system. When the batteries are not being charged, the Battery Separator separates or isolates the batteries. It also gives prioritized charging to the starter battery, waiting until the primary vehicle battery (the starting battery) reaches 13.2V before connecting and charging the auxiliary battery. If the current requirements are greater than the charging system can produce, indicated by the combined voltage dropping below 12.7V, the Separator will automatically separate the batteries, directing all available charge current to the primary battery until that battery is fully charged. The Separator will then reset and re-attempt to connect, and charge, the auxiliary battery.
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION: Connect to primary battery, auxiliary battery, and ground.
- MULTIPLE BATTERY CHARGING: Allow for multiple batteries to be charged from the stock vehicle charging system.
- PRIORITIZED CHARGING: Waits until the primary battery reaches 13.2V, indicating the charging system is charging and the primary battery is fully charged, before connecting and charging the auxiliary battery. If both battery voltages drop below 12.7V for 1 minute, the Separator/Interconnect will disconnect and isolate the two batteries, protecting the starting battery from being drained from excessive accessory electrical drain.
- START ASSIST FEATURE: An optional input from a manual switch will cause the switch to bridge both batteries to allow both batteries to be used for starting.
- STATUS INDICATOR: An on-board LED, and an optional remote mount indicator light (not included) are turned on when the 2 batteries are connected together, indicating the charging system is functioning normally, the starter battery is fully charged, and the auxiliary battery is connected and charging.